Wednesday 11 September 2013

Permission to Speak, Sir?

Permission to speak, my name is Steve Dobson and I am playing Corporal Jack Jones, the butcher that doesn’t panic – well not much anyway!  Last time I was in uniform on the Blackwood Little Theatre stage I was playing a Nazi General in 'Allo 'Allo and the role must have been extremely taxing because I fell asleep in the changing rooms and missed my cue!  There won’t be a repeat of that ignominious episode this time around; Corporal Jones is far too hyperactive for that to happen.  I will leave the sleeping to Private Godfrey. 

Steve Dobson as Corporal Jones in Rehearsal.


As always rehearsals have been a lot of fun and watching the talented cast develop their characters is nothing short of inspiring, although I wish Private Fraser would be careful with that Whiffling Stick, they don’t like it up ‘em you know!  
Clive Dunn as Corporal Jones

I remember watching Dads Army as a kid, it was one of my father’s favourites, and it is surprising how fresh and interesting the characters still are.  It is wonderful to see comedy that can achieve belly laughs without the need to descend to the level of most of today’s profanity strewn humour.  
This truly is family entertainment, so round up the kids, put on some 40’s attire, wave your Union Flags and come along and enjoy some great value fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment